Creating a culture in and out of the Church that is accessible and inclusive to people of all abilities.
Break The Roof was born out of the story found in Mark 2 about a paralyzed man, his friends, a crowd and Jesus. Unlike many “special needs” ministries Break The Roof exists to be a platform for those with disabilities to share their stories and to have their voices heard. Break The Roof asks the questions: What crowds are blocking the way? Whose voices are missing? What roofs need to be broken open? Break The Roof aims to alter the cultural narrative around disability and raise awareness about the disparity between the perceived accessibility of society and the reality for those with disabilities.
- Amplify the voices of those with disabilities
- Empower those with disabilities to become self-advocates in all areas of life
- Raise awareness of the many inconsistencies within and outside the Church in regards to accessibility and inclusion
- Educate and train allies to transform from a crowd into a community like the friends found in Mark 2
- We create videos that challenge the damaging stereotypes surrounding disability
- We offer trainings and seminars for churches and organizations to increase inclusivity and integration of people with disabilities
- We travel to national conferences to speak, encourage and empower individuals in roles of influence